PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

To catch a thief

So I was really excited to get back into the swing of things today and do my favorite Wednesday link ups, but sadly I have way more important things to do today...like protect my identity.

Yesterday while I was working on my fitness, my car was broken into (stay classy Houston) and my entire purse and iPad were stolen. 
I know, it serves me right for leaving those things in my car, but I drive an SUV so I don't have a trunk to put things in.  Instead, I covered them up with my jacket...not good enough ya'll.
This guy was a professional. 
And I say guy because I saw who did it on the surveillance tape.
He popped the lock on my handle so the alarm didn't even go off.

To make things worse, I had a job interview yesterday morning in which I needed to have my Social Security card and two forms of ID.
Yep, those were still in my purse when it was taken.
No bueno.

After a day of bawling my eyes out and feeling like the biggest idiot EVER, I've somewhat composed myself and now I'm off to a busy day of getting a new SS card, getting my car fixed, and getting a new DL.
Since I just moved to Houston from out of state (literally 2 weeks ago) getting a new Drivers License is going to be a PAIN, but it had to happen sooner than later, I just wish it wasn't under these circumstances.

So girls (and guys) please, please, please learn a lesson from me.
Don't leave ANYTHING in your car...EVER. No matter what.

The feeling sucks.

7 comments:

Linny said...

That is terrible! I hope things go smoothly today! My prayers are with you during this stressful time! xo

Holly said...

Oh nooo :( That's just awful, I'm so sorry girl! Hope today goes smoothly.

Kathryn said...

That sucks! Sorry you have to deal with all that, what a pain!

Lauren said...

oh no! Bless you! I can't imagine how you feel! :)

Katie said...

Oh NO! I'm so sorry! Make sure you call the credit bureaus to report your SS card stolen - Equifax, Transunion and Experian. Did you also file a police report? Here is a helpful link: http://blog.protectmyid.com/2010/06/10/my-social-security-card-has-been-stolen/

I had my SS number stolen (very little idea how since the card is still in my possession) many years ago and it was a NIGHTMARE! It took me seven months to get it all cleared up, and in the meantime I wasn't even able to open a bank account! It can also REALLY mess with your ability to buy a house, car, etc until it's cleared. Good luck! I hope everything is ok, and I'm so sorry this happened to you!

Rachael L. Anderson said...

I'm so sorry! That's horrible :-(

C Mae said...

I never leave anything in my car. like ever. People make fun of me for carrying my Garmin GPS in my purse (i had it before my Iphone had GPS in it) lol but whatever! rather be safe that sorry. And really bad news, I think no matter where you live, the gym gets TONS of robberies..it's like the one place a thief knows ppl "leave" stuff they don't take in the gym with them. I live in a REALLY nice part of town where lots of Rich ppl live and my gym parking lot gets stuff broken into ALL THE TIME! it freaks me out!