PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, May 31, 2012

this little life of mine


It's Wednesday Thursday!
Where has this week gone?
It's also the last day of May... where has this month gone?!

Tomorrow is the first day of my birthday month, AKA the first day of my month of mourning. 
But more on that later...

I bet you've been wondering what in the world I've been up to?
No? 
Whatever, I'll tell you anyway!
:)
This past weekend was so much fun!
Johns parents and sister got to come to my neck of the woods for a good 'ol country weekend celebration

We shot some guns

Did some fishing

Took some family pics


Drank too many of these... DELISH and DANGEROUS :)

 and just relaxed


It was such a great weekend! 

Now it's back to the real world...womp womp.

But I have some good news! 
I have a interview on Monday for a teaching position in the HoustonISD!
To say I'm nervous would be a extreme understatement.

For this interview, I have to give a 5minute lesson plan over my content area (drama/speech) to a panel of interviewers and the other candidates applying for the job.
Um, talk about intimidating...
I mean, teaching a bunch of teenagers is one thing, but trying to 'teach' a room full of peers or people even older than me... um, no thanks.

So *attention all teacher friends*, any ideas on a 5 minute lesson? I've been brainstorming and thinking up of something to do with the stages of plot, but I don't know if that's very interesting or whatever...
AHHH...I'm probably over thinking this.

Anywho, that's what I've been up to this week... unpacking, cleaning house, taking poor sick ear puppy to the vet, working on my fitness, grocery shopping, laundry, and of course watching hours and hours of useless reality tv.
(oh, can we have a moment of silence for the season finale of Revenge???!!!! I mean....)

Keep me in your thoughts and send me ANY and EVERY idea you might have for a 5 minute lesson plan! 
Photobucket

4 comments:

Holly said...

Lime a rita...need to try this! YAYY for teaching interview!! If I think of any ideas I'll let ya know :) GOOD LUCK!!!

Lauren said...

As a teacher, you are probably over-analyzing this but you will don wonderful! GOOD LUCK! :)

Heather said...

Sounds like the perfect getaway. Nothing better than a relaxing southern day. As far as your lesson plan goes, that's way out of my league since I'm early childhood. Ha. You'll figure it out though.

Anonymous said...

Sure, there is a mixture of art in everything that people do and say, but
what exactly do I mean. These are the electronic gadgets that are great to
have because of the many features you can have. There are several things that
differentiate it from the traditional radio, but the first
and foremost is the sheer variety that it offers.

Here is my page: internetradio aussetzer [tstboces.org]