PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Just keep swimming...

**Warning this is kind of long, but I've got some recipes in here for ya so it's totally worth it*

2012 has SO not been my year. Besides my car being broken into, I didn't get the job I wanted...or the interview for the other job, and to make matters worse my computer hard drive crashed and away went all of my recent pictures and documents that I hadn't yet had a chance to back up on my external.... seriously ya'll. 

It's been the opposite of a good year thus far.

But with that being said, not all things have been bad.  This past Sunday John and I threw our very first Superbowl Party with about 20 of our friends! I didn't realize we had so many friends in Houston already...we're so blessed. 

First Cash and I enjoyed a little Puppy Bowl action


Then our friends started showing up and John and I quickly realized that we'll be eating hamburgers and finger food for the rest of our lives...
sorry about the iPhone quality.

I loved playing hostess and can't wait to have friends over again.  Every one who came brought something, but I was excited to make Momma's special turkey roll ups and some pizza roll ups that I found from Pinterest. Duh.

I'm going to give ya'll the recipes for both because I've been a terrible blogger lately and hey, you deserve it.

Here's the recipe for Momma's turkey roll ups...they're ALWAYS a huge hit:

What you need:
1 package of Turkey Breast
1 small container of Pimentos
1/2 cup of Pace Picante Sauce
A couple of Green Onions (more or less depending on how much you enjoy green onion)
8 Large Tortillas
Spinach leaves
8oz Cream Cheese

What you do:
~Let the cream cheese come to room temp and mix with Picante sauce and chopped green onion

~Spread evenly over tortilla

~Lay one row of spinach leaves and pimento down the center of the tortilla

~Cover with a layer of turkey (4-5 pieces)

~Roll the tortilla with the row of spinach and pimento horizontal so you will get a bite of everything when you cut it up and then place it in a dish.

~Repeat until cream cheese mixture is used up then cover the pan and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.  I made them a day ahead and let them sit over night because they're better the longer they can refrigerate.

~Finally cut up the tortillas into bite sized pieces and enjoy!

And for the pizza roll ups...which were also another huge hit and the easiest things to make EVER:
(sorry I didn't get to take as many pics of this process, but really....so so simple)
What you need:
Crescent rolls (number depending on the number of roll ups you want to make.  One can of crescent rolls makes 6 roll ups)
Peperoni (one package was perfect for 3 cans of crescent rolls)
Mozzarella string cheese (12 is plenty because you cut them in half)

What you do:
~Unroll and separate  the Crescent rolls 
~Place about 5 peperoni on the fattest part of the crescent roll
~Place 1/2 of the Mozzarella string cheese on top of the peperoni

~Roll up like you would a normal crescent roll and place on a baking sheet

~Bake for 10-15 minuets (the normal time for crescent rolls)
~ Viola! Enjoy!


Super yummy, super easy, and you get to be like me and keep pretending you know anything about cooking! It's a win-win if you ask me.

So I know I said this before, but I'll say it again...I'm finally going to get back into the swing of blogging.  I just got my computer back and I'm ready to start a new chapter with it... RIP old hard drive.
 You will be missed.


1 comment:

Katie said...

I make the crescent rolls with hot dogs and whatever kind of cheese I have in stock. They are so yummy!