PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Funs!

Hello friends!
I hope ya'll are having a wonderful Friday eve.
I'm down in Houston getting ready to go do a lil shoppin!
Is it cold where you are? Because it is COLD down here! I thought Houston was supposed to be warm? I need to go to Florida...I mean, I like the cooler weather but theres no need for freezing temps.
Know what I'm sayin?

Since I'm fully in the Christmas spirit, 
(John gave me my first gift last night)
...boyfriend did good

I decided it would be fun to fill out some Christmas questions I saw over on my girl Holly's blog!
Who doesn't love a good questionnaire? 

1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? Oh, Hot Chocolate fa sho.  While I'm not sure if I've ever tried it, the idea of Eggnog makes me gag.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? He wraps smaller presents, but the big presents (like a shiny new bicycle left for you outside) he usually comes up with a clever rhyme that sends you on a scavenger hunt to find it... I'm saying this from experience with Santa.

3. Colored lights or white? White lights all the way.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? There's usually some mistletoe hanging around our house for Christmas, but I've never really paid attention to it.

5. When do you decorate for Christmas? "I" do not decorate for Christmas...Momma Clause is the Christmas decor extraordinare in our house hold and she usually has it all up the week after Thanksgiving.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish, excluding dessert? Hmm...there's so many, probably momma's green bean caserole, she just knows how to do it.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Probably the tradition of going over to my Granny's house with the entire family and playing football outside and just visiting.  Ever since Granny passed away we haven't gotten together and it kind of makes me sad.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I'm not sure if I ever really believed there was a Santa in my mind, but you better believe to this day there are presents under the tree that say "To: Sarah From: Santa" and since 'Santa' always does a pretty good job with his gifts, I'm not going to say a word!

9. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? White lights, ornaments and bows.  Someday when I have my own Christmas tree, I'd want to put ribbon around it.  I think that's so pretty.


10. Snow. Love it or hate it? Love it if it gets me out of going to school or work....don't really care much for it otherwise. 

11. Can you ice skate? Sure, but I'm no Nancy Kerrigan.

12. Do you remember your favorite gift? I get my favorite gift just about every year so it's hard just to choose one.  I think my most memorable gift was my first computer...I think I was like 12 or 13.  Pretty sure I cried. Also pretty sure it weighed 300 pounds.  It. Was. Perfect.

13. What is the most important thing about the holidays to you? Family, friends and little 8lb 6oz baby Jesus.

14. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Momma's Cheesecake (which she made for Thanksgiving so we probably wont see it for another 3 years) and Momma's Pumpkin Pie...which reminds me, I think I'll go have a Pumpkin Spice Latte today!

15. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Having little elves put various gifts into my stocking days leading up to Christmas.... I absolutely love when I'm sitting on the couch and momma walks through the living room, cuts her eyes over to the stockings, and my stocking looks a little fatter than the others! 

16. What tops your tree? An angel.

17. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Giving all the way.  I love knowing that you've found the 'perfect' gift for someone and getting to see their face when they open it!

18. What is your favorite Christmas song? 'Oh Holy Night' sung by Mariah Carey
...and anything off of the Nsync Christmas album. duh.

19. Candy canes. Yuck or yum? They're just 'okay'...I'm not a big fan of peppermints. 

Well, there ya have it!
I hope ya'll have a great day!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

So cute! Love your new HAPPY! It's soo cute! Merry Christmas!

Yelena Starikova said...

You have a good boyfriend doll! Great GIFT!!!) I'm totally loving your blog! I 'd love if you visited my blog for multiple posts on all things fashion and style. I'm following you, I hope you'll do the same. Thanks so much.
GlamThings

Lachele said...

first off. I love your blog. second off. I did the upsexy text. and my responses were HILAR. post on my blog coming soon for that! third off. I am jealous you're moving to Houston. Can I come visit?