PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, July 28, 2011

this little LIFE of mine

Okay...maybe it's just me but doesn't it make TOO much since for colleges to offer a course for your senior year in which ALL you do is learn how to search for jobs and then ultimately find a job? 
No...
There I go again having too much common sense.
I hate when I do that.

But for real, isn't this the ultimate reason for college?
I mean yes, the fun and the people you meet are great and life long friendships/ relationships... yadda yadda yadda
But I mean ultimately, you spend thousands of dollars a year to be able to get a job in the future that does not require you to ask "would you like fries with that"

Job searching is stressful. 
Notice how I'm posting about jobs just about everyday now?
Well I'm doing this for two reasons...
1. Because searching for jobs has actually become a job as of late
and
2. Because I'm praying hoping that one of you lovely readers will see this and say 
"Oh EM GEE I have the perfect job for you...everyday the staff will hoist you over their heads and chant 'sa-rah beth, sa-rah beth' because you are just SO PERFECT for this job!"
I realize that they don't do this at any job.
I also realize that this may be exactly what's wrong with America.

Okay, I'm done with my job rant today and I promise to try and keep the job-talk to a minimum in the future...because I'm sure reading about my job searching is the only thing that gets you out of bed in the morning.

I saw this the other day and it really put a smile on my face and made me think about what really matters in life.  I hope this makes you smile too :)

LIFE'S LITTLE INSTRUCTIONS
(given by a 95 year-old friend named William Snell)
*Sing in the shower
*Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated
*Watch a sunrise at least once a year
*Never refuse homemade brownies
*Strive for excellence, not perfection
*Plant a tree on your birthday
*Learn three clean jokes
*Return borrowed vehicles with the gas tank full
*Never waste an opportunity to tell someone you love them
*Leave everything a little better than you found it
*Keep it simple
*Think big thoughts, but relish small pleasures
*Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know
*Be forgiving on yourself and others
*Say 'thank you' a lot
*Say 'please' a lot
*Avoid negative people
*Wear polished shoes
*Remember other people's birthdays
*Commit yourself to constant improvement
*Have a firm handshake
*Send lots of valentine cards, sign them
*Look people in the eye
*Be the first to say 'hello'
*Return all things you borrow
*Make new friends but cherish the old ones
*Keep secrets
*Plant flowers every spring
*Have a dog
*Always accept an outstretched hand
*Stop blaming others
*Take responsibility for every area of  your life
*Wave at kids on the school bus
*Be there when people need you
*Don't expect life to be fair
*Never underestimate the power of love
*Drink champagne for no reason at all
*Live your life as an exclamation, not an explanation
*Don't be afraid to say, 'I made a mistake'
*Don't be afraid to say, 'I don't know'
*Compliment even small improvements
*Keep your promises no matter what
*Marry only for love
*Rekindle old friendships
*Count your blessings
*Call your mother

XOXO,

1 comment:

Holly said...

I love that instruction list...it's such a good way to remember how to enjoy life :)