PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, July 12, 2012

well it's about time


Yesterday I mentioned that I had some exciting news to share with you.  Lets just jump on into the story.

Last Friday I was minding my own business, working on my daily quest to find the end of the Internet and watching The Real Housewives of Whatever for the billionth time when John Google chatted me up.
Convo went a little like this:
John: "link" apply to this job
Me: (after looking at the link) um...sounds fun, but it doesn't say they're hiring.
John: just do it. you have nothing to lose.
Me: ugh whatever okay.

So I go to their website and completely send a cold email to this company that I legitimately would enjoy working for.
Then I told John I did my duty for the day and needed a nap.
Kidding.

Not even 2 hours later, I received an email from the company.
It went a little something like this:

"I would love to visit with you.  You could not have contacted us at a better time.  We were talking about it this morning."
And then my face did this
Is this real life?
Fate. I'm telling you, it's some serious stuff.

So I met with the CEO (wha?) on Tuesday for brunch and she was awesome.  It was the most laid back, comfortable interview I've ever been on.
Probably because I knew that I really did have a lot to offer this company and that I was actually qualified to do what they were looking for.
So, I was hired! 
BOOM!
Yesterday I met with the CEO again along with the President (I'm important) and the marketing team leader.
I can't say enough how nice everyone is and how welcome I felt.
They immediately made me feel like I was a part of their team and I can't wait to jump head first into the ideas and tasks they already have for me!


So by now you're probably thinking 'oh Sarah, that's great, but I just read all of this and you haven't said what exactly you'll be doing!'

Okay, fine, pushy readers...

My official title is Lead Event Manager and I'm working for a company that specializes in event planning for Oil & Gas professionals!
Which, if you know anything about Houston, know that you can't go anywhere without running into someone who works in the industry.
We (ahhh I said we) put on events such as golf, fishing, and skeet shooting tournaments along with happy hour socials and anything else you can imagine.
Pretty sure I enjoy all of the above things I mentioned.

Dream Job?
Yes.
Does the good Lord answer prayers?
Yes.

Oh and best part:
I get to work from home 2-3 days a week.

Okay, okay...  I'm done.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the encouraging words these past couple of months.  Job searching is nothing less than awful, and I'm so lucky to have found something that I will actually enjoy! 


I hope you all are having a great Thursday!  It's raining here like I've NEVER seen... I mean, the bayou is flooding by my house, and I didn't get to watch any of my morning shows because the weather news has taken over.
Guess it's time to get out the canoe...or just switch the channel to Bravo.

Some things never change.
Photobucket

15 comments:

Amber said...

Yay! Congrats! It sounds like a dream job!!

Rachel said...

Congrats on the job! That sounds like such a fun job and anything that has you working from home has to be amazing.

Southern Sass said...

Congrats!! Sounds amazing!! Now if a job like that would just come along for me! lol

Unknown said...

congratulations! thats awesome and very exciting considering how interested you are in the job. I'm a firm believer in doing a job you love or you will be miserable.

oh and when you said "working on my daily quest to find the end of the Internet" i laughed so hard - this is totally me. and the picture of what your face looked like made me burst into laughter again aha.

Katie said...

How exciting! I totally believe in fate! Congrats!!!

Lauren Loeffel said...

Sounds awesome! Congrats!

The Pink Growl said...

That sounds amazing!!! so exciting!! I'm in marketing and business development in the natural gas industry, you will love it! It's so fun! :)

Courtney Cakes said...

WOOOHOOOO!!!
So happy for you!!! CONGRATS!!!

Tiffany said...

Congrats!! That sounds absolutely amazing! God is good.

Jenna said...

Congratulations!! Landing a job that you know you'll absolutely love is one of the best feelings :)

Amber said...

Congratulations Sarah! That is so exciting that not only you found a job that you found one that you know you will enjoy!

Unknown said...

Congrats!! sounds awesome!

visit nichollvincent.blogspot.com

have a good night!

Lauren said...

Congrats on your job! I hope it is everything you want it to be! :)

Unknown said...

That is awesome - I just started a job in O&G doing Marketing in Houston as well!

Jessica @ Here(and)Now said...

Congrats Lady! I am cracking up thinking of your face looking like that :)
The Lord is wonderful and provides in ways we cannot even imagine! Good luck with this next step in your journey!
xx
Here&Now