PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, April 25, 2011

oh, it's just a little sprinkle

It's raining... UNDERSTATEMENT of the year.  What in the WORLD is going on with this weather?! The UofA closed today at 3:30 because of severe flooding... really?! This never happens people... NEVER.  And it's still raining.  
My usual 5min commute from campus to my apartment took 45 minutes today because of stupid cautious drivers going negative miles per hour.  So, while I was creeping along I took the liberty of taking some pictures of the tsunami that is currently hitting Fayetteville! 
 {Any one got a canoe?!}
 {Leaving Campus}
 {Literally thought this car was going to be swept away}
 {Rain, Rain go away}
 {Waaaaade in the water}
 {Nope, the university didn't add waterfall features, just the overflow from Old Main lawn}
 {Good luck using these stairs}

So here I am, in my apartment, watching the world come to an end and wondering if I should go out and invest in a kayak or boat of some sort.  However, this weekend was BEAUTIFUL down in good 'ol Benton, Louisiana!  I couldn't believe on my drive back last night how much rain there had been up here  because there wasn't anything but blue skys and warm weather at home! I even laid out for a little bit on Saturday and got a tan... jealous? 
Easter Sunday was wonderful as usual.  The family came over and we had a huge lunch with turkey, ham, green bean casserole, heaven cream cheese corn, and other yummy yummy stuff.  I even contributed for the first time this year and made Mexican chicken salad dip!  I was so full and tired that I had to pull over on the way home and take a quick 15min power nap because I kept dozing off at the wheel! 
{Note to self: don't eat 1208127 calories before you have to drive 5 hours}  

Not only did I get to see my family, I got to see this sweet boy.
 {doing his best 'seal' impression...he likes to tuck his legs under his little body}

Oscar, like his mother, likes to lay out in the sunshine and get a good tan.  Oscar, also like his mother, has terrible skin that likes to give him freckles and moles.  So today Oscar underwent elective cosmetic surgery to have his moles removed.  Which, I, his mother, am SO jealous of because I have never had the opportunity to undergo such a surgery.  
{I see where the love is, momma}  
{Bless his wittle heart! The little stitches from his surgery}

So that was my weekend! Now I'm just going to wait out the storm and catch up on some trashy good tv! I hope ya'll have a great week, and my people in Fayetteville: Be careful!
XOXO,


2 comments:

Nikki said...

Cream Cheese Corn? I want to know what that is.

jessica said...

Yikes! Try and send some of that rain down to TX please!

Your poor Oscar, glad he's ok. He's breaking my heart with that face - he looks just like my Niles!!